Model rocketry has an excellent safety record thanks to the rules set by manufacturers and the National Association of Rocketry (NAR). This event will be held under the auspices of the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code. In addition to the Code, the following rules will also apply:
- Spectators must remain in designated spectator areas during launches.
- Model rockets must be Class 1 single-stage single-engine, with engine sizes not exceeding size C.
- Launch pads must be placed in designated launch zones.
- Participants must maintain a minimum distance of 15 feet from launch pads during the final two (2) minutes of countdown.
- Participants under 16 years of age must launch only under direct adult supervision.